Today is the 76th birthday of the Dalai Lama - the spiritual leader of the Tibetan Buddhists. This Nobel Peace Prize winning monk has been exiled from his own country for his non-violent crusade to free Tibet from China.
Dalai lama is one of the most influential advocates of world peace today.
Here are 5 of his simple, yet strong teachings:
1) Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
2) If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
3) We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
4) Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.
5) Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.