Swamy Vivekananda Birthday 12th January 2012
Swami Vivekananda Birthday
“fortunate youth, recognize this great duty.Feel this wonderful privilege.Take up this adventure.God watches you graciously, ever ready to help and guide. I wish you to be great.The world has put its faith in you.” – Swami Vivekananda.
Swami Vivekananda was born in an aristocratic Bengali family of Calcutta in 1863. Swami’s parents influenced his thinking—the father by his rational mind and the mother by her religious temperament. From his childhood, he showed inclination towards spirituality and God realization. While searching for a man who could directly demonstrate the reality of God, he came to Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa and became his disciple. As a guru, Ramakrishna taught him Advaita Vedanta (non-dualism) and that all religions are true, and service to man was the most effective worship of God.
After the death of his Guru, Swamy Vivekananda became a wandering monk, touring the Indian subcontinent and getting first-hand knowledge of India’s condition. He later sailed to Chicago and represented India as a delegate in the 1893 Parliament of World Religions. An eloquent speaker, Vivekananda was invited to several forums in the United States and spoke at universities and clubs. He conducted hundreds of public and private lectures and classes, disseminating Vedanta and Yoga in America, England and a few other countries in Europe. He also established the Vedanta societies in America and England. Later he sailed back to India and in 1897 founded the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, a philanthropic and spiritual organization.
Few Quotes Of Swami Vivekananda
- If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished—mountains can be crumbled into atoms.
- There is no help for you outside of yourself; you are the creator of the universe. Like the silkworm you have built a cocoon around yourself…. Burst your own cocoon and come out aw the beautiful butterfly, as the free soul. Then alone you will see Truth.
- Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.
- As long as we believe ourselves to be even the least different from God, fear remains with us; but when we know ourselves to be the One, fear goes; of what can we be afraid?
- Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and, above all, love.
- Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divinity within by controlling nature, external and internal. Do this either by work, or worship or psychic control or philosophy – by one or more or all of these and be free.”
Understanding Swami Vivekananda
To understand even a little of what Swami Vivekananda has done to the world is difficult unless we have walked at least a few steps of the path.
I sincerely pray god to be in India untill my death and to be born in India in future births.
On this National Youth Day, wish all you YOUNG people the very best of years.
Remember: Youth comes but once in a lifetime. Stay young, forever!